SBI Recruitment 2021: State Bank of India (SBI) is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SBI is the 43rd largest bank in the world and ranked 221st in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations of 2020, being the only Indian bank on the list. It is a public sector bank and the largest bank in India with a 23% market share by assets and a 25% share of the total loan and deposits market.
SBI Recruitment 2021:
The bank descends from the Bank of Calcutta, founded in 1806 via the Imperial Bank of India, making it the oldest commercial bank in the Indian Subcontinent. The Bank of Madras merged into the other two presidency banks in British India, the Bank of Calcutta and the Bank of Bombay, to form the Imperial Bank of India, which in turn became the State Bank of India in 1955. The Government of India took control of the Imperial Bank of India in 1955, with Reserve Bank of India (India’s central bank) taking a 60% stake, renaming it State Bank of India.
|Name of the Board||State Bank of India|
|Name of the Post||Clerk|
|Number of vacancies||6344|
|Last Date to Apply||17.05.2021|
The SBI clerk 2020 mains exam was originally planned in April 2020. But due to the Covid-19, the mains exam was held in October 2020. For that final results were announced. The candidates expected the SBI clerk 2021 notification in Jan / Feb 2021. But still, it is delaying. The SBI PO 2020 recruitment process has also got over just now in March 2021. The State Bank of India may finally release the SBI clerk 2021 notification in April 2021. So that The SBI Clerk Notification is still in the Board’s Bucket List and it will be expected to release in April 2021.
Age Limit for SBI Clerk 2021
The candidate age limit should not below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 1.4.2021. Age relaxation will be given below Which means candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1993 and not later than 01.04.2021 and both days inclusive.
Relaxation of Upper age limit:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PWD (Gen/ EWS)||10 years|
|PWD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled ExServicemen||Actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex- Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried||7 years (subject to maximum age limit of 35 years for General/ EWS, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)|
- The candidates who wish to apply for the SBI clerk notification 2021 PDF should have done any graduation from any discipline or any equivalent qualification from a recognized university / Board.
- Final year students who are yet to be graduated can also apply for the SBI Clerk exam, provided they are able to produce the proof of degree completion before the deadline.
- Candidates having integrated dual degree certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 16.08.2021.
- It is compulsory to be an Indian citizen in order to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the SBI Clerk 2021 examination.
- Citizens from Bhutan, Nepal or Bangladesh are only allowed when they have a valid certificate that states that they have the intention to settle in India permanently to satisfy the eligibility criteria for SBI Clerk Exam 2021.
The starting Basic Pay is Rs.19900/- (Rs.17900/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates)
- The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs.29,000/- per month inclusive of D.A., other allowances at the current rate and two additional increments for newly recruited graduate junior associates.
- Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. They will be eligible for reimbursement of various perquisites, provident fund, Pension under New Pension scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit), Medical, Leave-Fare and other facilities, as per instructions of the Bank as may be issued from time to time.
The selection process will consist of on-line test (Preliminary & Main exam) and test of specified opted local language.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min.|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer
Phase – II: Main Examination
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min.|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Total||190||200||2 Hr. 40 min|
- Minimum qualifying marks on aggregate will be decided by the bank.
- Candidate must bring duly authenticated Preliminary Exam Call leter (With authenticated copy of ID proof) as well as Main Exam call letter at the time of Main Exam. These documents along-with other required documents need to be submitted during the Main Exam.
Test of specified opted local language:
- Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any Language test.
- In case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining.
SBI may arrange pre-examination training at certain centres for SC/ST/XS/ Religious Minority Community candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by Government of India. Candidates opting for pre-examination training should download their call letter for training by entering their registration number and password/date of birth from 26.05.2021 onwards from Bank’s website. No hard copy of the call letter will be sent by post.
In view of the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic, Bank may, depending on feasibility, hold the PET through physical classes OR by way of Online tools.
APPLICATION FEE AND INTIMATION CHARGE: (Non-Refundable)
1.SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS/DXS – Nil
2. General/ OBC/ EWS – Rs 750/-
Fee/ Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other exam or selection.
|Starting date to Apply||27.04.2021|
|Last date to Apply||17.05.2021|
|Preliminary Exam Call letter Date||01.06.2021 (Tentatively)|
|Preliminary Exam date||June 2021 (Tentatively)|
|Main Exam Call letter Date||19.07.2021 (Tentatively)|
|Main Exam date||31.07.2021 (Tentatively)|
|Result Date||To be Notified.|
How to Download?
- Go to the official site of SBI website.
- Select “Careers” section on the Home page.
- Click “Current Opening” option on the screen.
- Find and select the required notification on that page.
- Download the notification and refer it thoroughly.
- OR Stay with us for future updates.
Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application form after submitting the application.
The candidate will have option to answer test questions in Hindi or English except in English Language/General English. They will have to appear for the tests at their own cost.
Call letter of Preliminary Exam will not be collected at the examination venue. Candidates will need to retain the call letter safely with themselves. Those candidates who are called for Main Exam will be required to bring this call letter along-with Main Exam call letter and other requisite documents as per information provided in the “acquaint yourself booklet” and call letter.
After a candidate is selected but before joining the Bank, the candidate will be required to provide details regarding criminal case(s) pending against him /her, if any. The Bank may also conduct independent verification, inter alia including verification of police records etc. The Bank reserves right to deny the appointment depending upon such disclosures and/or independent verification.
Direct link for SBI Clerk Notification 2021
Apply Online Link – Click Here
For more such Notifications: Click Here