NEET & JEE Main 2021 exam should be held next year with reduced syllabus. Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Thursday Adviced that the syllabus for all classes should be cut by 50 per cent in view of the loss of studies in regular classrooms due to the Covid-19 epidemic. He also said that entrance exams like NEET and JEE to be held next year should also be conducted on the basis of reduced syllabus.
Sisodia made these suggestions during the 57th General Council meeting of NCERT. The meeting was chaired by Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, including the Education Minister of the states. Sisodia said, “The current academic session has been severely affected due to the Corona crisis.”
NEET & JEE Main 2021 exam
In view of the loss due to non-conducting of classes in the school continuously, the syllabus of all classes should be reduced by 50 per cent. Entrance examinations like NEET and JEE to be held next year should also be conducted on the basis of the syllabus cut in the current session.
Sisodia also advised that CBSE 12th class exams should not be held before May month of the next year so that students get some extra time to prepare. Usually these examinations take place in the months of February and March. Earlier this month, the Delhi government wrote a letter to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) requesting course cuts and delayed examinations.